The standard safety features on the 2018 Monte Carlo SS also include
• Forward collision alert – Camera technology detects a possible crash threat and alerts the driver, giving him or her time to stop and/or change course.
• Lane departure warning – A camera-based lane detection system warns the driver of impending lane changes. The camera, mounted near the inside rear view mirror, identifies traffic lane markings and provides audible alerts.
• Side blind zone alert – Using radar sensors on both sides of the vehicle, the system 'looks' for other vehicles in the blind zone areas of the 2018 Monte Carlo SS and indicates their presence with LED-lit symbols in the outside mirrors.
• Rear cross traffic alert – Based on the radar sensors of side blind zone alert, it warns the driver of vehicles in traffic when backing out of a parking spot – including angled parking. Visual and audible alerts are triggered if moving vehicles are detected.
• Rear vision camera – With a display in the center stack infotainment system, the camera provides a view of objects directly behind the 2018 Monte Carlo SS.
• Eight air bags to help to maximize protection in severe impacts while minimizing injury risk to out-of-position occupants, including driver/front passenger dual-stage air bags, knee air bags for driver and the front passenger, side air bags and roof rail side curtain air bags, for head protection for front and second-row occupants.
• StabiliTrak electronic stability control and full-function traction control.